The Journey prioritizes being a proactive presence in and around the greater Springfield area and our world. Our work is not only financial in nature, but more importantly, being the hands and feet of Jesus to others. If you would be interested in being part of our Community Outreach team or our Global Missions team, or for more information,
contact Kathleen Ambroso by email at email@example.com.
The Journey invests in our community. We work hard to make our community a better place for all its residents.
Here are some of the groups we partner with and ways we serve our neighbors:
- Koinonia Foundation - We partner with our local food bank to donate school supplies, Thanksgiving meal baskets, and Christmas gifts every year.
- Love NOVA - We have created a non-profit to better provide food and financial assistance as well as social work guidance to our local community members
- Generosity Feeds Events - Every Easter season we pack meals as a church to help alleviate local food insecurity.
- National Night Out- Every summer we host this fun community event in the Landsdowne area.
- Afghan Allies - We are partnering with Lutheran Social Services to provide assistance to local refugees. We are currently accepting donations of transportation and grocery gift cards.
- Waypoint Church Partners - We partner with this organization to plant churches throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. We believe the hope of the world is Jesus. The avenue to bring that hope into the world is through the local church.
Our global partners represent the love of Jesus to a diverse community around the world,
taking steps to alleviate material poverty and give the hope of salvation through the global church.
India: Ajai Lall and family, Central India Christian Mission (CICM)
Korea: John-Michael Becker, Come Quickly Ministries
England: Tim Tammy Aho and family, CMF International
Compassion & Stadia, Child Sponsorship and Church Planting in Colombia in La Pastora, Colombia.
To date, The Journey has sponsored over 250 kids in this village!